|Location : Dehradun
We are recruiting for Senior Manager-Finance & Commercial for our growing operations developing world class CRICKET Analysis and Data Capture Applications.
The company is rapidly growing internationally, developing cutting-edge interactive CRICKET training and coaching software and hardware. The position is based at the company’s India Development Centre in Dehradun , Uttarakhand
|Designation||Senior Manager-Finance & Commercial|
|Job Description||1. Finance & Accounts role:
· Ensure books of accounts and other accounting records are maintained properly, with appropriate review mechanisms to ensure appropriate accounting policies are followed
• Finalize the Half-yearly and Yearly P&L and Balance Sheet and present the same to the Management and statutory auditors
• Lead the half-yearly and annual statutory audit – be the main point of contact for the auditors
• Drive internal audit process to ensure proper internal controls, processes and systems are in place. Improve processes in consultation with internal auditors & CFO
• Ensure proper cost accounting records are maintained and reconciled with the books (should have prior hands-on experience of costing in a manufacturing unit with large number of SKUs)
• Manage the budgeting and MIS process – prepare annual budgets and update the same as and when required by HQ Management); prepare monthly ‘Budget vs Actual’ report for Top Management with meaningful variance analysis
• Ensure all Direct & Indirect Taxation compliances are adhered to, including Sales Tax/VAT, Service Tax, Customs, Excise, etc. Ensure timely computation and deposit of indirect taxes, and file quarterly/half-yearly/annual returns as applicable
• Manage day-to-day Banking and payment operations
• Prepare daily Cash Flow Report with future projections as per Management requirement
• Manage Payroll process including monthly salary disbursements
• Drive periodic stock-take of raw materials, WIP and FG, and prepare management report for the same, with help from Stores and internal auditors (book vs physical stock report; inventory valuation report)
• Any other matter / assignments assigned by management from time to time
• Have the requisite managerial skills to manage a team of 2-3 accounting and commercial professionals.
2. Commercial Role:
· Manage inbound and outbound logistics – domestic & export shipments, and raw material imports
· Liaison with forwarders and clearing agents for smooth dispatch of FG shipments, and clearance of imports
· Should be able to interact with UK based sales team and provide them with timely information on estimated freight rates, and shipment updates.
· Liaison with various Government departments – Income Tax, Sales Tax, Service Tax, Customs, Excise, DGFT, etc.
3. Compliance role:
· Ensure all Statutory Compliances under Companies Act, 2013 and applicable Corporate Laws are fulfilled; work with statutory auditors and external consultants to ensure the same
• Ensure Board Meetings & Shareholders’ Meetings are conducted as per Companies Act, and prepare Agenda, Notices and Minutes of Board Meeting and Shareholders’ Meeting etc. (with inputs from statutory auditors/company law consultants)
• Liaising with DGFT, DIC, PF, ESI departments to ensure all compliances are met with (with help from labor law consultant)
• Developing and overseeing the systems to ensure the Company complies with all applicable legal and statutory requirements.
• Maintenance of Statutory Records & Registers under the Companies Act and other Corporate Laws.
• Drafting and vetting of Agreements, and other legal documents.
• Handling the FEMA Matters in conjunction with company’s consultants
|Desired Profile||Required Functional Skills
Successful candidate must be able to clearly demonstrate a minimum of 8– 10 years’ experience in the following areas in a Manufacturing company:
1. Finance & Commercial: Should have in-depth knowledge and experience in managing the Finance & Accounts and Commercial functions of a medium-sized manufacturing operations. Should have had hands-on experience in accounting, banking, costing, and taxation (including liaising with various tax departments).
2. Company Law: Should have working knowledge of all Company Law compliances including ROC filings, Board and Shareholder Meeting documentation, etc. Should be able to effectively deal with statutory auditors and consultants on these matters and ensure closure on all such compliances.
1. Mature CA & CS with in-depth, hands-on experience in managing the Finance, Accounts, and Taxation function in a manufacturing industry – should have 8-10 years’ experience (MANDATORY)
2. Should have had hands-on working experience on TALLY accounting software (MANDATORY)
3. Computer savvy and fully proficient on MS Excel, Word and Power Point tools (complete command over Excel is MANDATORY)
4. Good English communication skills – both verbal and written (MANDATORY)
5. Should be mature, dedicated and sincere with great sense of ownership and responsibility – someone with a great attitude and flair to get things done (instead of defending his ‘turf’)
6. Should be able to take initiatives to improve the Finance & Commercial infrastructure & processes
7. Should be hands on and detail oriented individual, at the same time having experience in guiding team members
8. Should be of exceptional integrity and tactful in his/her dealings with peers and seniors, and excel in teamwork
9. Should have lead a team of at least 3 professionals, and have reported to CFO/VP level
The position is based in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. Candidates currently based in/around Dehradun (Uttarakhand) would be preferred.
All applications must clearly state that they will be able to be based in Dehradun and the date/time frame in which they can commence duties.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications without these details will not be considered.
Candidates with suitable qualifications will undertake interviews in two formats:
1. Initial telephonic interview
|Experience||8-10 Years (MUST)|
|Role||Senior Manager-Finance & Commercial|
|Functional Areas||Finance & Accounts / Commercial/ Taxation/ Audit/CS|
|Education||CA + CS (preferable)|